Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

Bragging a little on my papa bear!!!

My daddy-e-oh came to Haiti, and what a blessing he was...

For those of you who don't know my dad... Let me tell you something...you're missing out haha
He is the most amazing man I have ever laid eyes on. He is a strong man of God that allows his light to shine where ever he goes. Also such a wonderful father, husband, friend, role model, and such a hard worker. He is such a calm man, there have been times that I don't know how he kept from smacking the heck out of me. ha And whats so special in all those times he had rarely even raised his voice. He knows how to handle me better then anyone in this world, he can speak volumes to my heart as well as my conscience with just a few words... You know what is even better he loves me unconditionally truly unconditionally. I could do the unimaginable and I know my dad would still love me just the same. He may turn me into the police or something but he would still love me and visit me in jail hahahaha  He supports my decisions and always directs me in the best way he knows! This man has saved me from so much through his prayers. I could be a totally different person today if it wan't for his and my moms faithful prayers for me. I am very blessed to have him as my daddy and friend.

He ladies and gentlemen is the definition of a true man, the kind every girl deserves as a father and deserves to find as a husband! My future hubby has a lot to live up to that is for sure....

For those of you who don't know his visit was a complete surprise and shock to me I had absolutely no idea he was coming. It was such a great feeling when I saw him. It was so surreal! I literally screamed (not meaning to) and a church service was going on, on the other side of the wall. oops!

He didn't come to just see me though. He came because God had placed it upon another mans heart that he was suppose to be present on their trip for the pastors conference as well as there trip to lay out plans for church planting in the Dominican.

He was able to share his testimony at the pastors conference and a man came to Pastor Maula and told him that he needed to hear that, it gave him hope. Also in the Dominican Pastor Maula and dad were able to lead 5 men to Christ... 5 men thats incredible. Praise God.

He has such a sweet aroma about him and that is the fragrance of Jesus Christ.

I realized something while he was here, well really as he was leaving...

My daddy took me to California, he left me there. He also came back just weeks before I left for China and left again. He was at the airport when I left for Haiti to say goodbyes. Something all of these different goodbyes have in common is we have cried each time. I hate leaving him or him leaving me. I hate being apart from him from my family in general....
But... this time was different when he left I didn't shed one single tear as he pulled away I held a strong giddy smile on my face excited thinking about the next time he gets to visit. I didn't cry not because I don't love him, nor is it because I'm not going to miss him. Its because I am truly happy where I am in my life. God has brought me here for a reason and he brought my dad here four years ago for the first time for a reason. God is always putting pieces of the puzzle together for us before it can even begin to make since to us. We can think one choice has nothing to really impact our futures if we do it or don't do it nor do we always think about others around you that it could be impacting there lives there future... But It does every choice we make is a piece to our puzzle. Four years ago when he came to this country he never thought it would be opening up Gods path for his daughter. He would have never pictured I would be living in Haiti for six months and be planning to stay years to come. Its so awesome how God can work. I love stepping back and just looking at the things he does daily that I sometimes don't even see until years later.

He is not only using me here, he is using my family here to glorify his kingdom in many ways.... God has plans for us here and I am so happy to see what happens.
Thats for a whole other blog though... so stay posted ;)

1 comment:

  1. Rachael, you are so right about your father. He is one of the greatest men and friends I have ever met. He is a person that I am always glad to see, talk to, and spend time with. I have disappointed him a couple times in the past and it has broken my heart to see him that way. He is a true saint. I would love if every single person in this world could be like him. What a great place it would be to live. I was so excited to hear he was going to visit you I couldn't wait to here about your reaction. That man loves you with everything in his being, even after some of your antics in the past. HAHA. This is a great blog and I could barely read it because my eyes were so watery. But no I wasn't crying it was my allergies I think. lol. We love and miss you. Keep up the great work that all of us should be contributing. Love Uncle Mike, Aunt Vic, and BOSS. PS. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete