Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

No Birthdays...What?


Something I have taken for grand

- Knowing my birthday.
 It never occurred to me, that it is a privilege to know my age and day of birth. I have always just thought of it as like its my right to know the day I was born. As well as knowing how many years I have been alive.  It never even crossed my mind that there are so many people in this world that dont know these things that I would just call "common".
It broke my heart one day when I asked some of my kids when their birthdays were and what their ages were. They looked at me with these blank looks and then made jokes saying 36, 45 and so forth...because they dont know their age or the day they were brought into this world... Thats so sad to me. I personally find that birthdays are an important day. Its the day that everyone you love and who loves you, shows you their appreciation for you. That may be through a card, a hug, kind words and for us lucky ones an awesome birthday party!
No not for these kids they dont know how many years they have been alive, they dont have anyone telling them they love and appreciate another year with them. Nothing just another ordinary day in there year. That they don't even know the difference from.
I know, I know some of you are thinking there are so many more important things then birthdays and that is the least of their worries. Your right but that doesn't make it any less important and it does make me stop and appreciate knowing I am 21 years old, that I was born on the first day of May in 1991. I love my birthday!!!
I am gonna make sure they have some type of birthday one way or another!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats great sweetie. It is something we take for granted. Also you are right it is a special day knowing when we, ourselves came into this beautiful world. Wish them a happy bday from Vic and I too. We love you girl and miss you a ton. Keep up the blogs.

    ReplyDelete