Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

short & sweet

I have been thinking a lot lately how time just gets away so quick...

It seems like yesterday I was in Haiti loving my sweet kiddos as well as my now future husband... I miss it so very much, my heart aches to be away from them all. 
  In my family's home in Indiana it is always cold but the room that I recently moved into has been so hot, its the only room in the house that is this hot... There is an upside to this extreme heat though because last night I laid in bed and closed my eyes. The air felt thick and the heat was exhausting. This was just a small reminder everything I miss so very much.
  As I laid there I just pictured being in Haiti, remembering all the beauty of the country. All of the unique smells, the different sounds, all of the beautiful faces. It felt as if I was there for a few moments. It was refreshing, but made me realize something. "Stop looking forward to what is next and be happy with what you are doing right now, because when its gone your going to want it back..."


No comments:

Post a Comment