Translate

Thursday, January 26, 2012

In the Beginning...of DTS =)

Well now that I have finally got this blogging thing figured out (with a little help from Sherell Davidson),
I can officially write y'all and let you guys know what is going on in my NEW life in Shell Beach, CA. .

I love it here in SB. The weather here is beautiful and the people are even better.
I live in a house with 6 girls and 2 boys and 1 staff member of which whom changes periodically.
It's so awesome to be around Christians my age that have such a passion and a fire for Jesus Christ. There are 4 girls that share a room upstairs with super sweet bunk beds, I share a room with two girls and I definitely got the queen size bed and left the bunk beds for them....SCORE!!! haha but the 2 boys also have their own bedroom downstairs right next to the staff room. All 7 of us girls share a bathroom which surprisingly has not been all that bad. Minus the dark hair in the shower and on the floor. Ugh it drives me crazy, but I guess that's part of community living with girls. My two roommates are pretty amazing we get along very well and like our room kept neat so it works out very well. Joelle is from France (she is the top bunker). Joelle came off kinda shy at first but she has definitely opened up more now, she is just so sweet and has such a kind heart. I love to hear to talk its always so cute I am always having her say cool its so funny and I like the emphasis she puts on it. Jana is my other roommate she is from Senora, CA. Janna is like me in the sense that she loves shoes, she packed like her whole room like I did. Janna is also super sweet we hit it off right away well at least I had thought. I just recently found out when she first got here and came in the room she was like wow this girl (me) has so much stuff and is taking up so much shelf and closet space and she thought I seemed super bubbly. but after we got settled in she shortly realized she actually packed more then I did and that I am very nice and easy to get along with and now were great buds.

There are so many different personality's in the house, its great!
  Sherell- The musical one from CA. she plays the guitar, piano, violin and yes she can sing beautifully as well. She is the dominant girl of the group and definitely has a the pastoral gift. She is gonna do big things I just know it. =)
  Kelsey- She is from Canada she is very quiet and soft spoken but so kind and caring for others. I cut her hair for her and waxed her eyebrows for the first time ever! She always jokes I'm turning her into a girly girl! But she loves and wants me to teach her these things. And I love doing it because I love to make someone feel better about them selves physically and emotionally.
  Jacqline- oh where to start about her she is absolutely precious and she is from Denmark. Jacqline is very quiet but when she says something its she means it! She can be pretty funny at times. She has also been such a great friend to me she has comforted me when needed and its so warming. We are always there to listen and understand each other its nice to have someone like that in the house.
  Sylvia- she is also from Canada and she has like the coolest unique voice its so raspy I love it. She is the crazy, funny one I mean for instance I came home one day and her and Audrey which is a staff member but they were sliding down the stairs in Sylvia's suitcase it just made my night. She is also my work duties partner and a great partner we compliment one another with our differences. I love talking to her about the bible, religion, and asking her questions. She has such a strong faith its so awesome.
  Zach- He is one of the two boys in the house he is 18 and from California. It's always so great to see a man of God that has a passion to learn more about the bible.
  Peter- Oh Peter.... hmm well he is a wonderful man.he is from Minnisota and is the oldest of the group 24 so he thinks he is so much more mature then a lot everyone.  Which I must agree that can be true SOMETIMES! He is like the go to guy he has his degree in teaching and he is a technology nerd. I love it! He also has such as passion for God and helping others he is great with kids.

Well that's our student YWAM family there all such wonderful people and we all get along pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment